Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Lagiacrus.

Hokay Journal. Hokay. Seriously.

So while I've been taking on quests and living in the village all this time I keep hearing about this terrible leviathan creature known as the Lagiacrus. This God of the Seas apparently has kept Moga village wrapped in a wave of terror since ancient times. Until now I've only heard mention of it, but when I was finished up a recent quest, I heard a terrible roar behind me, and when I turned to look - 


This thing was gargantuan. Bigger than anything I've seen before. Capable even of swallowing me whole! My first instinct was to run away but it quickly chased after me and as we were both in the water it caught up in a flash. Battle was inevitable. 

It seemed to be playing with me at first - thinking I must be some sort of bug or toy. In an effort to daze it I unleashed a powered up hammer-blow to the space between its eyes and it recoiled in pain. This gave me enough time to get out of the water and back on land. As I started running I looked back and saw it put its head above water and glare at me with a deep hatred before swimming off itself. 

I turned in the quest I was doing (a simple egg-retrieval affair), and then a villager ran up shouting.

The Lagiacrus had been spotted racing around the island and coming straight towards the village. 



Everyone was depending on me. I had no clue if I could do it - but it was too late for doubts. I had angered the beast and now it was time to deal with the consequences. All the villagers' lives were on my shoulders!

I ran out and met the monster some distance away from the village to keep the villagers safe. What proceeded was definitely the biggest challenge I've faced yet. The Lagiacrus was super fast, resisted my weapon, rampaged through me as if I was a bug whenever I started to make carves into its hide, and when it became enraged it could charge up electric crystals attached to its spine that would surge the water around it with paralyzing electricity - it could do this to send out a wave of stunning damage or fill its body with lighting and charge through the sea like a bolt. It could even shoot out a ball of concentrated electricity underwater to zap me if I was far away.

There was no good solution! Every other minute I had to retreat and hide behind some underwater pillar to heal myself and rub salves on me to cure myself of the electrical shocks coursing through my body under the waves. It was a nightmare - and frequently when I would hide for too long trying to heal the beast would just start breaking apart all the supports and ruins in the area making it impossible to hide behind anything at all. This raging god was fueled solely by fury. 

After an unknown time the Lagiacrus turned his attention away from me and got on land, heading for the village. I started to panic then and chased after it with renewed fervor. 

On land I had an easier time of handling the beast, as it was not able to as easily overwhelm me with its electric attacks and could not get underneath and around me in the blink of an eye. It could still stomp over me; but on land I had the leverage to stand my ground and smash back with my hammer. 

The battle turned when at one crucial point I swung a mighty super-pound and connected with the beast's protruding mouth; surely shattering a few teeth. It was stunned and so I rushed in to its underbelly and began just hacking away at its legs and soft underbelly; eventually tearing off chunks of its hide. Its howl was enough to be heard back in the village I was later told. 

At this point we both knew it was a battle to the death and began fighting tooth and nail for our very lives, throwing everything we had at eachother. The new bloody target I had painted on its belly being my one goal for every swing. 

We were both tired; exhausted beyond our limits; barely able to keep going. It reared back to shower me in electrical torture just as I brought my hammer through its ribs. 

With one last, horrible howl, it shuddered and slumped to the ground, collapsing to its side. I stood back as I watched it fall. 



The Lagiacrus is dead. The village is safe. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment