Friday, April 5, 2013

Bag that Baggi!

Hokay-ay. Ah great, even I'm starting to get tired of this.


So I get to the Tundra and my first quest there is to slay 20 beasts known as Baggi. These guys are cousins of the more tropical Jaggi that I've dealt with in the past, but they have thicker skin to compensate for the colder climate and are a lot fiercer - being more predatory than their scavenger relatives.



They've been giving hell to the locals so I don't mind taking down their nest - it's not a particularly glamorous mission but it gets me acclimated to the area (and holy crap journal is it cold - I had to constantly keep refreshed with a hot drink or else I could just feel my stamina going down in a flash). Right as I'm about to finish though Cha-Cha tells me there's a big monster to the North so I sneak up and see what I can see.


Another "Great" version of a pack. This one equipped with a nice mohawk. -and also the ability to spit up a weird sludge that overwhelms the senses and knocks a target out - sending them unconscious. I see it put a small herbivore creature to sleep and let its pack-mates start to go to work on it, and I prepare my attack.

Since it's eating I thought I'd have a good chance to sneak up, but with its whole pack in the area I get spotted sooner than I'd like. Apart from it's knock-out bile it moves and attacks similarly to the Jaggi and the Wroggi, but its pack of Baggi are much more numerous than the other predators and a lot fiercer as well. This was definitely a battle against a whole team with the big bad captain at the head.

Still - through all my battles I've only been getting stronger and more skilled. Even though this was my first time fighting this beast I was able to predict its moves a few times and plan my hammer swings a few seconds early to make sure it slammed right into the beast's skull just as it was charging - causing it to flinch and get stunned; and even once to get knocked into the air and land on its back.

After about a ten minute battle the beast lay dead, and what few members of the pack remained scattered.


I might want to make a new set of armor from this guy. I do like blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment