Monday, April 1, 2013

Great! Great! Great!

HOKAY-AY!

Time for a new quest! I'm taken to a new location that's really hot and sandy and told to kill a Great Jaggi. I tell them that sounds "Great" 'cause so far the Jaggi haven't been a problem at all. They're basically big angry chickens. 

Okay, a much more apt description would be that they're raptors, but since you're a journal and not a badass Monster Hunter, I wanted to give a description that would make them seem less dangerous. I've been knocking them around like silly so calling them raptors just doesn't sound right. 

-so as I walking through the hot sun-drenched desert thinking this was going to be another easy quest, wondering what was gonna make this particular Jaggi so "Great," I heard a freakish howl and saw this coming at me. 

Those ones to the side? Those are the "Just Okay" Jaggi.

This nasty alpha beast was not only huge, but could summon and command the other Jaggi and Jaggia in the area. It was then that I realized I was all alone this time. My confidence started to fall. 

The battle lasted around fifteen minutes. It was constantly back and forth, with us taking turns seemingly to retreat and heal up every few minutes from the fierce battle. Its relentless attacks of teeth, tail-whips and body-checks were tough, but not as tough as the stream of its lesser-Jaggi pack that I needed to focus on before I could deal with the main beast. 

But my advantage was my trusty hammer - and my aim! Every time I did have a chance at the creature I made sure I swung hard and I connected straight into the beast's skull. Probably half my hits made the beast flinch or fall over, and sometimes I'd knock it out cold for up to thirty seconds where it'd just be stumbling around seeing stars! After a few smacks to the head it would shake me off and run up a hill and through a narrow cave opening - moving to another area that I'd have to find. (thankfully I had tagged him with a tracker so I could follow him on my map)

Finally after a long and awesome battle and after using up nearly all my supplies, I noticed it was limping and drooling and its frills and head were all torn up from my repeated mashings. This was it. I did one final smash and the beast gave its final cry, then it was over. The rest of the pack barked and yelped at me for a few seconds, then scattered. 

I had won my first true Monster Hunt.

After carving up the Great Jaggi I started thinking that I really should start making some new armor for myself...and this little guy's such a nice shade of purple-ish...

FANTASTIC!

Back at the village, there was apparently an uproar as something was causing a panic in the woods. "A half-man, half-monster." They tell me to go check it out, and I figure why not. 

The "Pixie" turns out to be a creature called a "Shakalaka." This one in particular named Cha-Cha.

Cha-Cha.

Cha-Cha apparently is on a journey to make masks...or hunt monsters...or just journey? I didn't really understand. Cha-Cha apparently has a lot of jobs and switches jobs a lot. -and apparently Cha-Cha has had a lot of interesting and varied jobs in the past before finally winding up here fighting monsters now. 


Cha-Cha? I think you and I are going to be BEST FRIENDS FOREVER.



No comments:

Post a Comment